Sunday, April 8, 2018

Week 13 Prompt

YA and graphic novels are great ways to promote reading. Graphic novels get people who don't like to read interested, because they have pictures or are about superheroes. I see graphic novels circulate at the library, but the big interest is in The Walking Dead, Captain America, Avengers, Spider-Man, and any stories of that type in graphic novel form. Right now big movies are about superheroes, so that makes these types of stories popular at the libraries. Many patrons at the library I work at are interesting in reading YA literature. A co-worker and I have a monthly book club that is for adults that read YA literature. YA books have many themes that are popular with adult readers. YA books can be just as or more appealing to readers that adult fiction. Promoting YA books for adults is nice, because when we first started promoting the book club a lot of adults were interested, but thought they were alone in reading YA. It is nice to see how many adults enjoy YA literature. Using movies that are based on graphic novels or YA literature is a great way to promote both types. The movies will get people interest in the book it came from or the book will interest people in the movies. It is a good way for people to try different formats of reading.

2 comments:

  1. I 100% agree with you, movie can help sell YA books and graphic novels. Minor deduction for brevity, but overall good response.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Lindsay-

    I love that you have a YA book club for adults. That is something I would like to see at my local library. I have been reading more YA since I have been working in an elementary school library, and I have enjoyed them all so far (this is good for me because I probably would have never picked up a YA novel to read. It's good to get out of your comfort zone!).

    ReplyDelete